Crowds will return to Temple Israel from 1-4 p.m. Sunday, June 11, when United Hebrew Congregation participates in “Stained Glass Sunday Afternoon” sponsored by Indiana Landmarks and Terre Haute Landmarks.
Volunteers will be present at eight historic houses of worship to welcome visitors along the free, self-guided tour. Tour maps will be available at each site.
The tour “will provide attendees with an opportunity to experience the stunning stained glass windows and other beautiful architectural features within downtown Terre Haute’s houses of worship,” writes Chris Usler, community preservation specialist at the Indiana Landmarks Western Regional Office.
Participating houses of worship
Visitors may tour the eight houses of worship in any order they choose:
- Allen Chapel AME, 218 Crawford St.
- Centenary United Methodist Church, 301 N. Seventh St.
- First Congregational Church, 630 Ohio St.
- Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church, 645 Poplar St.
- St. Benedict Catholic Church, 111 S. Ninth St.
- St. Joseph University Parish, 113 S. Fifth St.
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, 215 N. Seventh St.
- United Hebrew Congregation, 540 S. Sixth St.
Call 812-232-4534 for more information.