Preserving our environment is rooted in Jewish values, writes UHC president Betsy Frank.
“The Torah speaks of fostering sustainable agriculture by harvesting appropriately and scheduling sabbatical years for our fields.”
Toward that end, UHC has begun coordinating with Creation Care Partners, an Indiana interfaith organization dedicated to helping individuals and congregations ameliorate climate change.
CCP produces a monthly Climate Action Sheet, with each document offering energy saving tips on such topics as water conservation; heating and cooling; diet; and travel.
We’ll post a new action sheet here each month!
2022 Energy Action Sheets
- January: Get out of hot water
- February: Waste less food
- March: Travel wisely
- April: Shift toward a plant-rich diet
- May: Stay cool with less AC
- June: Low-energy laundry
- July: Drive smart
- August: Plug your electricity
- September: “Holed” the heat in